Monday, May 17, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
PART ONE: (Minimum three complete sentences, please)
- Do you watch news on TV?
- Do you ever read newspapers?
- Do you look at online news sites?
- Which places do you consult?
- Do you think it is important for people your age to be up to date on news?
PART TWO: (Minimum two complete sentences, please)
Summarize (in your own words) the inverted pyramid writing format (use the following links for your research:
Monday, April 12, 2010
to singers to cartoon characters, by placing their portraits on postage
stamps. Whom would you nominate to honor with a postage stamp?
Using a minimum of five complete sentences, be sure to explain whom you would choose and
explain why that person should be honored with a postage stamp.
Support your ideas with examples and details.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
In just one week, you will have a full nine days off of school. What are you going to do with your time? Are you going on a trip? Do you have special plans? Do you have a project you are taking on? Do you have some movie or a book you are catching up on? (Remember, a minimum of five full-word sentences, please)
PART TWO: Yesterday was the Vernal Equinox. Use the Internet to research the following:
What does Vernal mean?
What does Equinox mean?
What can someone supposedly do to a hard-boiled egg on the Vernal Equinox?
Monday, March 15, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
What do you normally do when you have a power outtage at home?
Are there any fun games that you play/ things you do?
What is the biggest bummer from a power outtage?
What is the coolest part about it when it happens?
What was the longest stretch you remember the power being out for?
Monday, February 22, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
2. Where are two of the most famous Carnivale celebrations (one in South America and the other in Europe)?
3. What does Mardi Gras translate into? Where is the biggest celebration of Mardi Gras in this country?
4. What do they make on Shrove Tuesday in Britain?
5. So if all this happens on Tuesday--- what happens the next day- on Wednesday?
Monday, February 8, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
1. What does it mean if the groundhog sees his shadow?
2. What does it mean if a groundhog does not?
3. Where does the official groundhog live.
4. Does he have a name? (Can you find it?)
5. Do you personally predict that the groundhog will see his shadow tomorrow?
Monday, January 25, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Imagine that you have the technical skill and financial backing to make a brand new invention and market it. (Remember, compose at least five sentences, please- and BE CREATIVE!)
* What would this invention be?
* What problem would it solve?
* Are there other products that exist today that try to solve the same problem that your invention does?
* What would you call your product in stores?
Monday, January 11, 2010
Please answer the following questions using at least eight sentences (~two per question). Do not retype the questions. Post your comment under your name (select Name/URL under Select Profile pull-down menu. Leave the URL section blank)
Suggestion: Type in Microsoft Word so that your work will be less likely to be lost
1. In one or two sentences, define a blog.
2. Have you ever written a blog before? Read blogs before?
3. Do you regularly read any blogs?
4. What would you create a blog about?